ECOSOC Humanitarian Affairs 2017
Chair and moderator:
- Mr. Stephen O’Brien, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
- Mr. Jürgen Schulz, Ambassador and Deputy Permanent Representative of Germany to the United Nations and Vice-President of ECOSOC
- Mr. Eugene Owusu, Deputy Special Representative of the Secretary-General, UN Resident Coordinator, and Humanitarian Coordinator and Resident Representative of UNDP in South Sudan
- Mr. Amir Abdulla, Deputy Executive Director of the WFP
- Mr. James Keah Ninrew, Executive Director, Universal Intervention and Development Organization (UNIDO) in South Sudan
Key discussion points:
- What comparative advantages do CERF and CBPFs bring in terms of advancing the commitments of the WHS and GB (particularly using examples from the countries facing or at risk of famine)?
- How could larger pooled funds have further contributed to prevent and respond to 2016-2017 famine?
- How do we ensure that OCHA’s pooled funds are resourced at a level that furthers WHS commitments?