ECOSOC Humanitarian Affairs 2016
The Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator (ERC).
Mr. Stephen O’Brien
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
- Ms. Lise Grande, Resident/ Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq;
- Ms. Alison Milton, Director of Humanitarian Unit, Irish Aid;
- Mr. Amir Abdulla, Deputy Executive Director of the WFP;
- Dr. Samah Bassas, CEO of Syria Relief Network.
Key Discussion Points:
- What is the strategic value of the pooled funds from the perspective of different stakeholders?
- What changes should be considered for the pooled funds, along with an increase in funding, to provide maximum benefit for the humanitarian community (i.e. impact beyond providing more funding for humanitarian action)?
- What are the key concrete ways in which UN humanitarian pooled funds will contribute to delivering the ‘Grand Bargain’?
Watch the webcast here.